Farro Salad with Tempeh
This quick recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Ready in minutes, it utilizes an acient grain with a fermented protein source to please the most discerning taste.
Sliced Green Pepper
Halved Cherry Tomatoes
1. Prepare Farro according to package instructions.
2. Prepare vegetables. I don’t use quantities here because you can put in as much or as little as you like. You can also substitute vegetables to those you have on hand.
3. Saute diced onion in some olive oil. Add a dash of garlic powder and turmeric and mix well. Add Tempeh marinated in soy sauce and saute until slightly browned. Add sliced green peppers and saute. Add cucumber and cherry tomatoes and saute. I know, it may seem unusual to saute cucumbers but believe me it works with this recipe.
4. Remove from heat and let cool. Mix together in bowl and add a few tablespoons of soy yogurt.
5. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes or longer. Place in pita halves or on top of baby spinach.